Customer Security and Fraud Awareness Website Communication
Our Approach to Security
When it comes to your financial information, your security is our top priority and when you access your e-money account, it is important that we know it is you. Here are some of the ways we do that:
Login email – the only way to log in to our app is by clicking the login link that we will send to your registered email every time you want to log in to the app..
Passcode/biometrics – upon first login to the app, you will be requested to setup a 6-digit passcode. This passcode will be required to confirm every transaction on our app, as well as to change your personal data (email, phone number, etc.). On top of the passcode, you will also be able to set up fingerprint as an additional security measure (if your mobile device supports it). You can also change the passcode settings and require it to open the app upon successful login. Turning this setting on will give you an additional layer of security, as the passcode/fingerprint will be required also when you switch between active apps.
Security questions - prior to disclosing any information regarding your account, we will ask you security questions - information that is not available in your app or on your card, and would normally be only known to you.
Notifications – We send these to your mobile device and your registered email for added security when:
- You make transactions in our app
- You log in to the app
- You request funds withdrawal from the app
- Our Customer Support team contacts you.
Providing Information – our customer service team may contact you via email, in-app chat or via telephone, we will only ask you security questions in relation to your account with us, we will never ask you for your Passcode or your card’s PIN number or full 16 digit card number. We will always first send you a notification through the secure mobile application if we are trying to contact you.
How to Report Fraud
If you notice something suspicious and believe it could be fraudulent, you should contact us as soon as you become aware of it.
Reporting Fraud: [email protected], +33 1 7642 0095, in-app chat
Lost or Stolen Cards: +33 1 7642 0095
Suspicious Emails: [email protected] or in-app chat
How to Protect Yourself from Fraud
Help to keep yourself safe from fraudsters by following the tips below. Remember, if you are ever unsure, don’t act. A genuine company will never rush you to take action.
Always make sure your mobile telephone number and email address registered with us is up to date, we will use these to contact you if we notice unusual activity on your e-money account.
Some Tips for Using Your E-money Account and Prepaid Card Safely
When using a mobile application
- Only install apps from recognised app stores and not from third-party software websites
- Consider the app ratings and reviews.
- Be aware of what permissions you are granting.
- Treat your phone as your wallet.
- Always make sure you have the latest iOS or Android updates installed
- Ensure you have the latest version of our application installed
- Close the application after you finished using the app,
- Ensure you have mobile phone screen lock enabled and set to a reasonable time to ensure
General awareness when using your e-Money and prepaid card:
- Do not reply to unsolicited emails from companies you don’t recognise.
- Keep your PIN safe and do not share it.
- Consider using trusted Password Management applications to securely store passwords
- When entering your PIN, check for people around you and hide your PIN number.
- Company will not email you asking for passwords to your account
- Be careful of phishing emails, and mouse over the URL to check for malicious links.
- Where possible, always use Multifactor Authentication.
- Always check your statements to verify the transaction amounts and dates
Remember, if you decide to donate, resell or recycle an old mobile phone, computer, laptop or tablet, make sure you fully remove all data and apps first as otherwise these may be accessed by whoever your device is passed to.